Administrative Code and Statutes
Rental Weatherization Database
IMPORTANT INSPECTOR INFORMATION
It is recommended that records related to Rental Weatherization be retained for at least five years. Your business may be required to retain these records for a different time period, and it is recommended you work with your tax attorney on any additional retention that may be required.
As a result of 2017 Wisconsin Act 59 being signed into law on September 21, 2017, the Wisconsin Rental Weatherization program will sunset January 1, 2018. DSPS will continue to process requests until that time.
Below is important information to be aware of as January 1, 2018 approaches:
• Effective September 21, 2017, validations of stipulations and waivers will be discontinued and are no longer required.
• Until the Wisconsin Department of Revenue updates the Electronic Real Estate Transfer Return for the Rental Weatherization information, please allow W-11 with Program Elimination as the explanation.
• Satisfactions will continue to be processed. Requests going forward will be satisfied as Program Elimination.
• Please allow Certificates of Compliance to be recorded until the program sunset date of January 1, 2018. DSPS will send out updates as needed.
• Rental Weatherization database will no longer be available after November 11, 2017 due to department website updates.
• Licenses of rental weatherization inspectors will expire and not be renewed as of January 1, 2018.
Please contact the Department of Safety and Professional Services at 608-266-2112, option 5, with questions.